Dallas Sports Injury Emergency Care
Have You or a Loved One Been Seriously Injured?
Sports injuries are not unusual. Dedicated athletes will probably experience at least one at some point in their lifetime. In some cases, these injuries will be serious enough that they warrant a trip to the emergency room. All injuries should be treated right away, but some patients will be better served in urgent care than the emergency room, so how do you know when to go where?
Signs that an injury requires emergency treatment
- The player received a blow to the head and may have a concussion
- The injury involved the neck area
- The player received a blow to the chest and the pain is getting worse or they are having trouble breathing
- The player is having difficulty speaking or swallowing
- The player is running out of breath more quickly than usual when exercising
- The player has severe pain with moving a limb or joint after an injury
- The injury caused an open wound or a bone to become dislocated
If any of the above have occurred during sports activity or training, contact 911 immediately.
For more minor problems, like aches and pains, bruises, strains, and sprains, an urgent care clinic will be more appropriate. At Advance ER, we provide both emergency and urgent care services to both adult and pediatric patients. You can learn more about our non-emergency care services here. We have state-of-the-art imaging technology on-site to quickly assess a patient’s condition and respond with appropriate treatment. Advance ER has a Specialists Now partnership which allows patients access to a variety of specialists from our Dallas emergency room.
If you would like to learn more about treatment for emergency sports injury situations, contact Advance ER in Dallas today. We provide 24-hour care to both adults and children.