What to Do If You Sustain an Injury this Spring Season
As the weather warms up and spring break arrives, more families are out and about enjoying outdoor activities, such as hiking, swimming, and vacationing. While it’s important to have fun with family and friends during this time of year, safety should also be top of mind.
That’s why we’ve outlined some tips for staying safe this spring break. For specific inquiries regarding care, feel free to give us a call at (214) 494-8222.
Quick Spring Break Safety Tips
At Advance ER, we understand that the spring season is an exciting time, but we strongly advise all families to take the necessary safety precautions to prevent accidents and injuries from occurring. This includes the following and more:
- Make sure to check for ticks regularly when camping, hiking, or enjoying the outdoors this spring break. It's important to inspect areas like your scalp, neck, and other body parts that may be exposed.
- Be aware of the signs of a tick-related rash, and if you have any concerns, seek medical attention right away.
- Remember to wear sunscreen and hats while out in the sun, as prolonged exposure can lead to heat stroke. Limit time outdoors during midday when UV exposure is at its highest peak.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout outdoor activities - dehydration can be dangerous in extreme temperatures.
- Wear protective gear when engaging in outdoor activities. This includes helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads.
- Know your limits. If you are someone that is not used to engaging in physical activity or strenuous outdoor sports, it’s important to slowly work up to the difficulty of your chosen activity, in order to make sure you do not injure yourself.
- If swimming in a pool, make sure that the area is properly fenced off and there are always responsible adults watching children who are swimming. It’s also important to make sure that everyone knows how to swim, or that someone is available to provide assistance as needed at all times.
If you do sustain an injury this spring season, Advance ER provides walk-in medical care in a clean and safe environment for any minor ailments or injuries. We offer x-rays and lab work to help diagnose your injury as soon as you arrive, so you can receive the medical attention you need as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Preventative Care for an Enjoyable Season
Spring break is a time for families to have fun, but it is also important to be mindful of safety! If you find yourself in need of medical care this spring season, remember that Advance ER is here to help. Contact us at (214) 494-8222 to request care.
Have a great spring break and stay safe!