Dallas Children’s Emergency Care
Pediatric Specialists & Emergency Doctors Available
Children and families can benefit from receiving consistent, top-quality, evidence-based care as close to home as possible. We offer complete care to your child with fast access to certified pediatric emergency doctors and a wide range of pediatric specialists.
For every infant, child and adolescent that comes through our door, they will receive individualized treatment plans in a welcoming and safe environment. At Advance ER, we offer a variety of emergency services including concussions, severe fever, broken bones, and sports injuries.
The emergency care professionals at Advance ER provide specialized treatment for children in Dallas. Coming to a more child-centered environment for your emergency care can make the visit less scary for your child. Contact us to learn more.
About Our Children's Emergency Care
Advance ER specialized medical facilities equipped to handle urgent medical situations involving children. Our departments cater specifically to the unique needs of infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents. We're staffed with healthcare professionals trained in pediatric emergency medicine, ensuring specialized care for various pediatric emergencies.
Here are some common types of injuries and conditions treated in children's emergency rooms:
- Abdominal Pain: Could be caused by various issues such as appendicitis, gastroenteritis, or urinary tract problems.
- Broken Bones: Fractures and sprains from falls, sports injuries, or accidents.
- Flu: Severe cases of influenza leading to dehydration, breathing difficulties, or other complications.
- Dehydration: Commonly due to illnesses causing vomiting and diarrhea, requiring intravenous fluids.
- Severe Fever: High fevers, often signaling an underlying infection or illness.
- Concussions: Head injuries resulting from falls, collisions, or sports accidents that may cause altered mental status or loss of consciousness.
- Wounds: Cuts, lacerations, and puncture wounds that may require stitches or other wound care.
- Respiratory Issues: Asthma attacks, difficulty breathing, or other respiratory conditions.
- Allergic Reactions: Severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) to foods, insect stings, or other allergens.
- Poisoning: Accidental ingestion of toxic substances or overdose requiring immediate medical attention.
- Seizures: Sudden, abnormal electrical activity in the brain leading to convulsions or loss of consciousness.
- Burns: Thermal, chemical, or electrical burns requiring specialized care and treatment.
- Severe Infections: Serious bacterial or viral infections requiring immediate medical intervention.
- Trauma: Any severe injury caused by accidents like motor vehicle crashes, falls, or physical assaults.
Our facility has specialized equipment, medications, and trained staff to handle pediatric-specific medical emergencies. We aim not only to treat the immediate issue but also to provide comprehensive care considering the unique needs and developmental stages of children.
What Is Kidz Kuts?
Kidz Kuts can benefit you and your entire family by eliminating the need to spend too much time in the emergency room. And because our staff is on-call, we will be able to give you prompt medical attention directly from one of our preferred medical facilities.
Plus, if you live in the Dallas area, you can download the ‘Kids Kutz’ app where you can access our patient portal and even take pictures of your condition or injury and send it directly to our offices.
Member of the Children’s Health Care Network
When you choose the extensive children’s health care services at Advance ER in Dallas and the surrounding communities, you can be confident you are receiving the highest standard in modern medical care. We are proud to be in partnership with the children’s healthcare network offering collaborative care at no additional charge offering collaborative care at no additional charge.
Our convenient office locations additionally provide on-site x-ray and CT imagine 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
8 Steps to Take When Your Child Has a Medical Emergency
Here are the steps to take:
- Assess the Situation: Stay calm and quickly assess the severity of the situation. Check the child's responsiveness, breathing, and pulse. If the child is not responding or having trouble breathing, call for emergency medical services immediately (911 in the United States or your local emergency number).
- Provide First Aid if Safe: If it's safe to do so and you're trained in first aid, provide immediate assistance. For example, in cases of bleeding, apply pressure to the wound with a clean cloth. However, avoid moving the child if you suspect a neck or spine injury unless it's absolutely necessary to prevent further harm.
- Contact Healthcare Providers: While waiting for emergency services, contact your child's pediatrician or healthcare provider if the situation permits. They might provide guidance over the phone or have essential information about your child's medical history that could be beneficial for the emergency responders.
- Stay with the Child: Remain with the child, offering reassurance and comfort. Try to keep the child calm and still, as unnecessary movement could exacerbate certain injuries.
- Gather Information: If it's safe and doesn't delay immediate care, gather information about the incident. Note what happened, when it occurred, any substances ingested, and the child's symptoms. This information can be crucial for healthcare providers.
- Prepare for Emergency Services: Ensure that your address is clear and visible for emergency responders. Clear pathways and unlock doors for their easy access.
- Follow Emergency Instructions: If you're on the phone with emergency services, follow their instructions carefully. They might provide guidance on first aid or actions to take before help arrives.
- Accompany the Child: If possible, accompany your child to the emergency room. Bring along any medications or documents related to your child's medical history that could assist healthcare providers in delivering the best care.
Remember, in a medical emergency involving a child, acting swiftly and getting professional medical help is crucial. Staying calm, providing necessary information, and ensuring the child's comfort are vital steps while awaiting emergency services.
Benefits of Bringing Your Child to a Pediatric Emergency Room for Care
It's become very commonplace to bring children to an urgent care for walk-in patients. However, there are numerous benefits to bringing a child to an emergency room that offers specializations in pediatric care. A pediatric emergency department can often make the experience less scary for your child. Additionally, Advance ER in Dallas has access to a variety of pediatric specialists and doctors. Pediatric-trained physicians have more experience caring for children.
Bringing your child to Advance ER, our pediatric emergency room, offers several distinct benefits that prioritize your child's health and well-being:
- Specialized Pediatric Care: At Advance ER, we specialize in pediatric emergencies, ensuring that our staff is trained and experienced in handling children's unique medical needs. We understand the nuances of pediatric care, providing a comforting and child-friendly environment.
- Expertise in Child-Focused Medicine: Our team comprises pediatric emergency physicians and nurses who are familiar with the subtleties of diagnosing and treating children's conditions. We recognize the importance of age-appropriate treatments and techniques tailored to your child's developmental stage.
- Child-Centered Environment: Advance ER is designed to be welcoming and less intimidating for children. Our facility is equipped with amenities and resources to ease anxiety and make the experience as comfortable as possible for your child and your family.
- Advanced Diagnostic Tools: We have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment specifically calibrated for pediatric patients. This enables us to quickly and accurately diagnose your child's condition, allowing for timely and precise treatment.
- Comprehensive Medical Care: Beyond immediate treatment, we focus on providing holistic care. Our goal is not just to address the presenting issue but also to ensure your child's overall well-being. We offer follow-up care recommendations and connect you with specialists if needed.
- Timely and Efficient Service: At Advance ER, we prioritize prompt care without compromising quality. Our streamlined processes aim to reduce waiting times and provide swift attention to your child's medical needs.
- Family-Centered Approach: We understand that when a child is unwell, it affects the entire family. Our approach involves keeping you informed and involved throughout the treatment process, addressing your concerns, and providing support and guidance.
- Continuity of Care: If your child requires ongoing treatment or follow-up care, we work to ensure a smooth transition to the appropriate healthcare providers, ensuring continuity and consistency in your child's medical care journey.
Bringing your child to Advance ER means entrusting their care to a team dedicated to delivering top-notch, compassionate, and specialized emergency medical services tailored specifically to children. Your child's health and comfort are our top priorities.