Ozempic Emergency Care
24/7/365 Treatments for Ozempic & Wegovy Side Effects
Ozempic is an FDA-approved medication to alleviate type-2 diabetes symptoms. While its weekly injectable doses have proven useful for many people to regular blood sugar levels and lose weight, the drug is not without its side effects. In some cases, Ozempic use can cause severe side effects that require emergency medical attention.
Both Dallas locations of Advance ER are equipped to help people suffering from severe Ozempic side effects, as well as side effects from other GLP-1 receptor agonist medications like Wegovy. Our emergency rooms are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and no wait times. The moment you need help, come to Advance ER or call (214) 494-8222 to find the location nearest you.
Dangerous Ozempic Side Effects
Originally, Ozempic complications were mostly reported in women. With continued research and medical data, though, it has been shown that men can also be at risk of these same side effects, if not at a lower rate than women.
Side effects of Ozempic that might require emergency medical care include:
- Severe gastrointestinal complication: Ozempic users might suffer lingering nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. If the symptoms are severe or do not get better after a short time, then emergency care may be necessary.
- Pancreatitis: Pancreatitis or pancreas damage can occur with Ozempic use. The usual symptoms are severe stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting, which require emergency medical care.
- Hypoglycemia: Blood sugar levels may drop suddenly after using Ozempic. Typically, symptoms of hypoglycemia begin with dizziness, confusion, jitteriness, and sweating. Low blood sugar levels can become dangerous if persistent, though, so emergency medical care should be sought if these symptoms do not quickly alleviate, especially after eating and drinking water.
- Allergic reactions: Most injectable medications can cause allergic reactions at the site of the injection. Some people may experience a severe allergic reaction such as anaphylactic shock, which requires immediate medical attention to counteract.
- Migraines: Some Ozempic users may experience the sudden onset of a migraine. A sudden migraine can be indicative of an underlying serious health issue, like a blood flow problem to the brain, so it may be necessary to go to the emergency room for a checkup and care.
Please be aware that Wegovy has been linked to the same risks as Ozempic, especially when concerning stomach paralysis or gastroparesis. If you take Wegovy as an obesity control medication and experienced similar side effects as those listed above, the drug might have caused them.
When to Go to the ER for Ozempic or Wegovy Complications
Your doctor should provide you with information about expected or possible side effects after an injectable dose of Ozempic or Wegovy. If you experience any side effects that were not mentioned by your doctor, then it could be the first sign of a serious complication that needs emergency medical care from a clinic like Advance ER. Also, you should not hesitate to seek emergency medical care if you suffer any severe reaction or side effects, or even if you just feel like something is “off” after using Ozempic.
Should You Stop Using Ozempic?
Typically, it is not advisable to stop using a prescription medication like Ozempic or Wegovy without first talking to your doctor or primary care team. You can let them know that you have suffered a dangerous side effect, and they can discuss alternative medications and the next steps to follow. We recommend that you alert your primary care provider as soon as possible after receiving emergency treatments at Advance Care for Ozempic complications, so they can figure out how to help you going forward.
Call Advance ER for More Information
Want to know more about the Ozempic or Wegovy side effect emergency care at Advance ER? Call (214) 494-8222 at any time. If you or a loved one needs help right away, please come to one of our 24-hour emergency care centers in Dallas without delay. We are always open and have no wait times!